Friday, September 7, 2012

SL FASHION On.....

the Slutty Mature side.
I was reading some current FASHION magazines, one thing that I noticed is how much they have changed from issues of  a couple of years back. They have matured, at lease in their photos. One issue had several pages of photos where a male and female model were in some sexy poses half dressed. I am still wondering were the FASHION fits in on that shoot.
I guess it would be called cutting edge.
Times have changed I know, but I thought a FASHION magazine was suppose to be about FASHION. I guess the editors like the Cosmo look. *Turns the page. Oh a nice article about pathfinder, now that is Fashion! Maybe I should be reading Second Life Tech to read an article about FASHION?
Lucky for me they were free, other wise I would blog about them. There is one plus to it.
I can cancel my subscription to SPANK!
Really I am not a prude.
It is like going out for a nice meal and end up at MickyD's. 
Now we all know a good FASHION magazine should have lots of photos of some of the top FASHION designer's current releases. A section on up and coming designers. Tips on how to look your very best, I could go on, and on.
A couple of years ago I checked into placing an ad in the top FASHION mags of Second Life.
One thing I did see, was a 20,000L$ ad. It included a photo shoot, and a article about their product.  *Turns page... Will you look at here! A nice 3 page article about a furniture designer! I wonder if that is what a 20k ad looks like?
Lets be real, that is the only way they can make money. Selling Article/Ads. That is why the magazines are free. I mean who would pay for a FASHION magazine that was about FASHION?
I know I would, but that means instead of a staff of 20, they would have to let half of them go. Then actually go out and find FASHION worth writing about, instead of having a designer or creator come to them and pay an ungodly amount of Lindens to place an article ad. Just as Second Life keeps evolving FASHION magazines keep evolving. At this rate I will have to go back to reading SPANK to keep up with the latest FASHIONS!
***** Disclaimer*****
No actual Magazines of FASHION were used in the writing of this ad article!
KasenK


No comments:

Post a Comment